Diving during the Tacoma Dive Expo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cc87

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of us are coming down from Vancouver for the dive show, and we want to do a couple dives on Sunday. I've read a lot about about Sunrise Beach Park, but from what I can see the currents might not be the best for Sunday. Are there any other recommended sites that are close-by? We're both instructors, experienced in coldwater. The chance of seeing wolf eels was pretty exciting to us, as we don't get them very often in Vancouver (from the shore anyways).

Unfortunately, this weekend is a bad one for current-sensitive sites like Sunrise. There's a huge ebb in the morning and a huge flood in the afternoon, and 0 tide in between.

Les Davis is a dive site which is actually quite close to the Expo site and is not current-sensitive. One can see wolf eels there, although it's never a guarantee.

Another option would be to go out on one of the Bandito charter boats. They don't put their schedule on their website, so I don't know if they are full for the days of that weekend, but you could give Rick a call. Those boat trips do use up a full day, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom