Diving EPCOT Living Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scousegentleman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Daner:
$140 to dive an aquarium seems pretty steep if you ask me.

It is a bit "steep", after all, it is "Disneyworld", but it is a fun experience. I did the dive about 7-8 years ago, and I enjoyed it a lot.
You get to go "backstage" (Disney's word) at Epcot, an experience in itself, and the dive does have a very nice concentration of many different types of fish- and nice fake coral, too. :)
It is also a way for non-diving friends to observe you u/w( -if that is something you or they are interested in.

Scousegentleman: there are a number of threads about this topic, that can probably give more detail than I can.

Good luck,
Mike

Loads of threads already on this.

$140 is pretty steep, but I paid it for myself and my wife and it was a blast. All things considered, it is not much more expensive than many of the other tours at EPCOT (about $120, I think, for the Segway tour, for example). However, if you are just doing it for the dive and don't care about the "Disney Magic (R)," the money is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, it should be cheaper BUT we did it and I have to admit that afterwards I was very glad that we did. No regrets. A classy operation from start to finish, especially when I was a new diver some 6 years ago. DO it, you won't regret it!

I'm going to be there in April and signed up already. It's easy to get a 10% discount: just ask. (Name a scuba agency, there's a discount. And for AAA, too).

$126 is still pricey, but I'm looking forward to it. From what I've heard here, the $30 video is a must-have, so it's more like a $156 dive.

Disney's always makes their attractions a fun experience for me, wish I would have known about this in 2005 when we went down there! Ah well, we'll be there again next year. :)

I did it a long time ago (1989 I think) when I was in college. It was free back then because it was arranged throught the Ocean Engineering department of my college. Got some neat uw photographs of the sharks, sawfish, jewfish, spotted eagle rays and crowds of people looking at us throught the window. At the time I thought it was pretty cool but once is enough for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom