Diving for a day in Maolboal and a day in Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I will be traveling to Moalboal on Friday May 29th and Malapascua on June 1st. I will be there only for 1 day each.

I am a certified PADI Open Water Diver. I want to dive at the Pescador Island (especially to see the Sardines run) and Monad Shoal (for the Thresher Sharks).
Can you'll suggest the best place (I'm a budget traveller) to dive and the time?

Cheers!!
Prarthana :)

P.S: Considering the fact that I'm a single traveller it'll be great if you can help me connect with divers in and around that area as I am new to this site too.

Hi,

I will be traveling to Moalboal on Friday May 29th and Malapascua on June 1st. I will be there only for 1 day each.

I am a certified PADI Open Water Diver. I want to dive at the Pescador Island (especially to see the Sardines run) and Monad Shoal (for the Thresher Sharks).
Can you'll suggest the best place (I'm a budget traveller) to dive and the time?

Cheers!!
Prarthana :)

P.S: Considering the fact that I'm a single traveller it'll be great if you can help me connect with divers in and around that area as I am new to this site too.

You must be a glutton for punishment. I can't imagine one day in either place. do you know from Cebu City a bus can take 4.5 hours to Maya. Next you have to negotiate a boat to Malapascua, then 1/2 hour boat ride. Get your bearings, hotel, dive shop. That could take the better part of a day.

Back
Top Bottom