Diving for Gold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw those episodes of Bering Sea Gold and to be quite honest, it seemed staged. I was contacted by TV channels to provide them with "talent" in Alaska for a different reality show and a lot can be said about the reality of "Reality Shows."

Nome is lovely btw.

No way Bering sea Gold is real. They can not be that stupid and still be alive. I have watched it try to see the comms they use. I just bought a OTS StX 101 from a guy that was planing on showing them how it 's done for real.

Not so sure it's fake/staged. Probably more of "film everything and show the worst examples". As far as still being alive - regular emergency trips to the ER with real injuries and I've seen some truely stupid stuff divers do and they're still alive. Not sure you could talk anyone into breathing CO no matter what you offered.

Not so sure it's fake/staged. Probably more of "film everything and show the worst examples". As far as still being alive - regular emergency trips to the ER with real injuries and I've seen some truely stupid stuff divers do and they're still alive. Not sure you could talk anyone into breathing CO no matter what you offered.

Pretty well agree. There is always some manipulation of the drama to create drama for TV in those shows, some manipulation of the story line and reshoots of things that happened that didn't quite get filmed right and then there is the possibility of some stageness to the reshoot and such, but the gist of the stuff on the show is what happens. Few people are making money up there, the conditions and expenses are super hard to overcome to make a profit, plus the labor pool is pretty much contained to those who live up there (half crazy already) and the transients who go up to find work or a fortune (already have problems or they wouldn't be going there).

There are some threads on scubaboard from one of the divers who works on the show filming it if you want to find them.

Who is it? I've wanted to go up there and try it out since I have real diving experience and would love to pick their brain a bit about the realities of doing something like that.

I have done a lot of underwater metal detecting in my local area lakes, rivers and springs and have done well. I have found lots of gold jewelry, fishing tackle, pocket knives, ect.
I would really recommend the purchase of a good underwater unit and start finding valuables right near you.

In reality TV there are 2 kinds of reality.
1) The reality they make/show to you. (The type you see all the time)
2) The reality that actually happened. (This one is usually not seen unless something goes down that will bring in the ratings and then only part of it)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom