Diving goals for the upcoming summer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, so what are everyone's goals for this upcoming summer?

Mine:

A: FINALLY make it out on a boat trip with Lynnhaven (I've had a boat ticket for 2 years+. One broken leg, and perhaps 10 weather canceled dives!)
B: Finish the AOW course I started with DQ (Need to do the dives)
C: Perhaps make it down to check out Fantasy Lake in NC (Anyone have comments on it?)
D: Maybe work on Advanced Nitrox after I finish AOW.
E: Correlate the data from computers with log book. I've been letting the computers keep the numbers, need to make a spreadsheet.

Yours?

- Dive the Oriskany
- Get down to FLA caves two more times this year

I'm going to keep my goals simple and try to dive every weekend. Work notwithstanding.

Ken

Fantasy Lake is a nice facility, I'm from NC and rolesville was the closest quarry to me so we would make the occasional trip when we couldn't afford to take a charter. There's a school bus, ~12 passenger airplane, various auto's and my favorite the rock crusher that was left in the quarry which is fun to explore at around 35-50 feet. There is also a "deep hole at" ~75 feet. Its only 15 bucks if my memory serves me correctly. Its a good time when the weather is nice, there are grills/picnic tables/camping areas so throw a bbq, stay the night, whatever suits your fancy, or fantasy, haha. Better than Rawlings.

Well I HOPE to be moving to Florida at some point this summer, so once I get down I'm just going to keep working on my trim & buoyancy, and just getting comfortable in the water. One I reach a certain comfort level I'm going to take Rescue with ScubaKevDM of Underwater Explorers in Boynton Beach.

Im hoping to:
Dive the Oriskany
Dive The Duane and The Spiegel
Dedicated a week to Venice Florida Diving
Dive off VA Beach
Dive Off Ocean City Md
Dive more at the Rawlings or in Pa when I find I cant afford the other goals.

A: Do my first night dive.
B: Get nitrox cert.
C: get in at least 10 dives this year.
D: Get drysuit cert.

Dive , Dive , Dive.
Where is really not that important, but trips to the quarry (any quarry) will be very limited.
I have 4 trips set to go with Capt. JT Capt JT's Wreck Diving Site 1 in May off Va. Beach, then in Hatteras for 1 in June, July & August.
Getting my wifes Advance Nitrox/ Deco dives in so I can concentrate on my Trimix this October.
Plan on hitting the Morgan with Lynnhaven May 26th (I think) for Super Dive weekend. Can't beat a Morgan dive for $60.
Would love to get to Pensacola some time this year for what I am sure everyone knows.
I have a friend that is moving down there & has offered a place to stay & is in the process of starting a dive operation. Sounds too easy not to jump on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom