Diving Guppy Gulch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went to Guppy today, haven't been there in over a year. They have made some changes to the dock arrangement, they now go straight across the quarry at the entry point. The vis was fair at about 10' to 12' a nice color of blue. But it was a little cold, 39 degrees at 40'!!! It's an interesting quarry sort of funky, but worth a dive now and then.

Joe-
Well, at 10 pm Saturday, we got the call that JR and Merki wanted to take a dip in Dutch. So, at o dark thirty, we blasted up there, finally found the place at 11, and dropped in. Vis was good (as is usually the case there), and for a weekend, it was dead. But we all remembered why we never go there- pricey ($32 for a quarry), far- how much further to NJ? and, its a freakin quarry.....for the amount we spent in fuel, admission, etc, we could have paid the fines for sneak diving, lol. And then at least we'd have had something to show for it.......I think we'll do the summit again sometime here, I'll let you know....
-J

It was a quite nice weekend at Guppy... 55F at the surface, 51F on the platform at 18ft... and the typical 40'sF down deeper. Great weather... warm enough to go topless... Got in some scary sites...

Overall a nice day of diving on Sunday...

Yrth - wish I could have joined you!!!! Hopefully, next time!

Definitely, hope you feel better soon. If not before, definitely hope to see you at Rawlings memorial day!!

I was thinking of going to Guppy Gulch this weekend 27th 28th of June. How much is it to dive there for one day? I heard it was $15.00, but I saw a post here that said $32.00..

Back
Top Bottom