Diving in Bahrain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stryker

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am wondering if anyone has dove on the island of Bahrain? I am an the military and getting ready to transfer there and found a place (Aquatique) and wondered how they are. According to their website they are a PADI 5 star center, so i would assume they are decent at least. If anyone has dove bahrain if you could give me an idea of what im looking at. Thanks!

Stryker,

Bahrain isn't so bad...I lived there in the late 80s when it was still nothing and growing fast. Today, they have diving, an F1 Grand Prix, and just about anything to keep you busy on such a small island. Also, remember you are that much closer to other larger countries and places in the far east like Phuket.

Anyway, I have not done any diving in Bahrain itself, but I have dived the Persian Gulf and the indian ocean side of the UAE...Dubai. What I have found is that the operations are run by Brits for the most part and they tend to be very professionally managed. The dive sites are still being discovered, but they're great. I dove oil tanker wrecks, and several reefs. Visibilty was 100+ and animal life was decent. I think the industry can still grow a lot over there because most are not aware of this sport. Most divers I found were tourists or expats...I ended up with 4 Navy divers myself which was cool.

Goodluck to you and I am sure you'll find it to be a great experience. Remember, once you hook up with some divers, you can pretty much go where you want.

Hey Stryker
The Persian gulf is a nice place to dive. I am over here in the UAE so if you are up for a dive just let me know. I havent tried out Bahrain but the UAE is great with nice wrecks on the west coast and lots of life on the east. Oman has great diving in the Musandam peninsula and there is a natural preserve as well. Prices aren't so high for tourists and foreigners and as dive4air said, everything is under Brit management which will most probably lead to a well organised dive.

If you need anything just pm me

Regards

Jalal

Be prepared of VERY warm VERY salty water. you'll need to get quite a ways off shore to get any real depth or coral growth. the Freediving is pretty good. DO NOT bring your speargun as they will take them at the airport. I'll be just across the biridge in KSA for most of the summer. shoot me a PM if you need a dive buddy.

Hi Styker

I am an active diver out here in Bahrain so can probably offer you some advice. If you are going to be around for a while then I suggest that you get in touch with us at the Bahrain Yacht Club as we have an active dive section. If you are going to dive regularly then it will prove to be a lot cheaper than one of the commercial outfits. Dives go out most weekends to a variety of locations. The divers get together at 8:00pm every monday evening for a social and to discuss the weekend diving. Why not come down and join us?

Diving in Bahrain can't compare with the Red Sea but is still highly enjoyable. Most of the diving is on small wrecks although there are some reasonable reefs at the outer reaches of Bahrain territorial waters. The water is warm, reaching about 34 degrees centegrade in the summer (93 farenheit).

Ron

Stryker:
I am wondering if anyone has dove on the island of Bahrain? I am an the military and getting ready to transfer there and found a place (Aquatique) and wondered how they are. According to their website they are a PADI 5 star center, so i would assume they are decent at least. If anyone has dove bahrain if you could give me an idea of what im looking at. Thanks!

Salam,

I'm hoping to restart diving with friends soon.

I havent gone on a dive for the last 7 years & i'm really edging to jump in.

Seth if you wanna remove that :( from your signiture, the solution is really easy. Just make friends with some locals & you'll soon find your stay a warm experience.

If you do what 99% of the other Americans do & avoid making any friends, you'll just be miserable. Quick hint: all the dudes here are mad for sports/muscle cars.

Bahrain's weather can get extremely nasty in the summer. Searing heat & dense humidity do well to sap the life from the furthest corners of your soul.

Ron I like your sugestion. I havent yet been to any of the Bahrain Yacht Club's events, but you guys do have the most solid reputation on the island.

I am moving to Bahrain in Sept to teach.. looking for dive advice ,( want to do instructor training) and dive Buddies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom