Diving in Beliz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylv

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the diving in Beliz? I am planning on going in May. Thanks

HI,
And by the way welcome to the boards. Many of us have dove in Belize.
What city would you be coming from? And what type of info would you like? Dive sites, hotel spots, or air prices?
We're all glad to help. I was there last May by the way.
:sunny:

Thanks for your help. We are looking to go around May 6th for about week. We would like any recommendations of where to stay. Are there any all-inclusive hotels. We are also intersted in diving. Where to stay where the diving is good. Any information would be of great help. Thanks, Sylv

I would be glad to tell you what I know. I'm sure others on here know quite a lot too. As a matter of fact, I recall we have a dive master that is in Belize posting on these boards. Maybe he will see this.
First of all if you are a US citizen you need a passport to enter Belize.
Do you have one, or are you willing to get one before May? If yes to that question, I will go on.

No problem. And before I forget, I need to move this post to Central America, so look for it there after you read this.
You still didn't tell me where you will be flying in from, so I guess I will assume it is the USA.
From the U.S. you will fly to Belize City. From there you will take the island hopper plane to San Pedro. The cost is an additional 94.00 RT. There are other places to fly into, but this is the most popular for a new diver, IMHO.
When San Pedro you can stay there and take a cab to your hotel, or take a boat over to the other resorts on Ambergris Caye.
While I was there I stayed at a resort called Journey's End. Very lovely property. Right over the reef. Short boat rides. Big rooms. You can get a 'food included' price but it's so reasonable to eat in Belize, it would be better to just have breakfast included like we did, and eat at the local restaurants for lunch and dinner.
I also did hotel inspections at Ramon's Village, and I also recommend Tropica Beach Resort, the hotel we are using for our Neptune Divers group club trip in December. Tropica prices out the cheapest of the three and can include breakfast and dives also.
I know many more people can help you and give you advice on Belize.
The diving was spectacular. Great visability, warm water and friendly nurse sharks to play with everywhere.
Hope I helped!

Thank you very much for your help Natasha. By the way we are flying from Los Angeles. This will be my first time diving in warm water. I have only been diving in the Pacific near Catalina.

Sorry I didn't come across this earlier but I dive every day and don't always get a chance to log on.

I think that Natashas ideas were sound, all the hotels she mentioned are excellent and the diving in San pedro is ideal for beginners. You can also access other atolls from there. It's also possible to Dive from Belize City. They have regular boats to Turneffe and Lighthouse reefs and can get you to sites not regularly Dived by operators from San Pedro. Belize Dive Connection run by Huw Parkey also offers packages.

e-mail me if you need any more info and I'll be only to happy to help

Raffles

Thanks Raffles, I appreciate the inside info. By the way, do you know anything about Cozumel?

Sorry Sylv

Not Much I've been here six years and not yet dived it all however I think there's plenty of stuff under th Mexico Thread.

Raffles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom