Diving in Colombia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caseylary

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I am going to Colombia for 2 weeks and want to do some diving. I know there are operators out of Cartegena and Santa Marta. Any recs on who to go to and if one area has better diving than the other?

I would love to get out to Providencia and the other Island (the name is slipping my mind!) but we won't have time :-(.

Thanks!

Casey

The diving in Cartagena is ordinary to say the least (Rosario islands); the reefs are well kept, but there is little/no marine life! having said that, i saw dolphins on my first dive there (Mar 08).

SM and San Andres are meant to be much better, SA in particular.

I went with 'Diving Planet', nice folks and decent operation.

I also dove in Cartagana it was about 6 or 7 years ago in the Rosario Islands. Not sure if it was just my lucky day or what but my 2 days diving there was just as good as San Andres and Old Providence but I have heard the same thing diving there is just ok and better diving is in Santa Marta , San Andres Island Or Providencia. I would highly recomend trying to get to at least San Andres, I flew from Cartagana to San Andres last Sept for $150us, not sure about the cost now with gas prices but they are allway running specials.
Also I forget who I dove with in Cartagana but I have there business card at home in Florida, when I return in a few days I will post there info for you.
Have a great trip

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom