Diving in Exumas, Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like a lot...not sure if they are packed every day and renting tanks every day? Then they would consider that normal revenue like how you mentioned it. You could always call back and ask if they have a package deal for cash?

In my rather limited experience, rental tanks go for ~$10-15 per day including the initial fill. They often give you a "travel day" on BOTH sides because it's hard time-wise to rent a tank in the morning, dive it, and return it by the end of a business day. So you pick up the tank on Friday and drop it off Sunday for ~$10.

Thanks, those are some good sites I hadn't found before!

So here is something funny. I called Stuart's Cove to inquire about renting 6 tanks for a week for our sail boat.
7 days, 6 tanks.

They wanted $1,470 for the tank rentals... ($35 per day per tank x 6 tanks x 7 days)

:eek: At those rates I think I may move to the Bahamas and open up a tank rental business. Easy money!

Those rates seem insane! I'd look elsewhere for sure.

Not sure where you are boarding but Dive Abaco has rates for tanks listed as $17 a day or $85 for the week. This is more in line of what you should pay. Looks like most shops supply tanks for their boat dives but do not rent many tanks separately.

We are doing a bareboat sailing charter in the Exumas chain for a week in March. I have found some info online about sites, but can't get specifics, like GPS coordinates for the sites.
We considered renting tanks for the the sailboat and diving ourselves but could also use a dive operator if anyone has specifics on that as well.

Thanks for any info!
Bareboat in Exumas? Link please...

Dive Exuma is in Georgetown. Not sure how far down you are going, there used to be a small operator on Staniel Cay as well. There is lots of good snorkeling in the Land and Sea Park.

Back
Top Bottom