Diving in Gili Trawangan - Lombok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tecscuba

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently went travelling around asia stumbled upon Gili Trawangan when i went to bali. Sure enough i went there because i heard the reef and marine life is pretty insane. I went scuba diving with Blue Marlin who are a tec school and have a very popular reputation. i have to say they were very professional yet still laid back enough you can have a good laugh with them. i did a number of dives and can honestly say they were some of the best dives i have ever done. the conditions are great, visibility is high and although there is current, each dive is planned so that you drift dive and never have to kick against it. The instructors and staff are all very friendly and welcoming. They have a couple of the most experienced divers in the world, including world record holder for longest dive Will Goodman. Things you can see are endless, turtles, nudibranchs, damsel fish, anemonefish, trumpetfish, sweetlips, batfish, trevally, snappers, barracuda, jellyish, seahorses, reef sharks, shrimp, cleaner shrimp, groupers, bumpheads. There are too many to continue! I would really recommend this place and this company to anyone who is thinking of coming to south east asia, especially bali.

Hi there

I would like to cast another vote for the Gilis. We had read that the diving etc wasn't great but still decided to go to Gili Air. We stayed with Manta Divers and really really enjoyed it. The fish life was awsome and there were so many turtles everywhere. The whole package , i.e. the diving , the island , the beauty of the trips to the other sites and the fantastic set up at manta Divers made it probably our favourite diving destination ever. We were also really impressed with the diving in Bali , the Liberty Wreck in particular. The jewel in the crown though was Nusa Lembongan , the coral was truly fantastic and we were very lucky with the big stuff.

Bali and Lombok are under rated , in MVHO.

Great to hear that people like to dive around The Gilis! I hope u will visit the Gilis again one time....

We had read that the diving etc wasn't great but still decided to go to Gili Air. We stayed with Manta Divers and really really enjoyed it. The fish life was awsome and there were so many turtles everywhere. The whole package , i.e. the diving , the island , the beauty of the trips to the other sites and the fantastic set up at manta Divers made it probably our favourite diving destination ever.
We dove with Manta Divers Gili Air yesterday and will go again today. Site yesterday was Halik and was nice, with just the right amount of current for a nice drift. Viz was OK, they said it was even better in the morning. Saw a few turtles, seasnake, scorpion fish, triggerfish. Coral not so great between 10-18 meters, but still lots of fish.

Video I took there yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5InYP95os

Manta Dive Gili Air is a good shop, IMO. Richard and Alex are easy to work with to arrange diving, it's laid back, yet professional. Good, working equipment. And not a single smoker anywhere to be seen! :) Am I really in Indonesia? :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom