Diving in Greece - merged threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at other threads you would think the water is sterile.

No wrecks annoyed me given thats the main reason i dive.

As for sterile, it was a bit, i was in Zakynthos not the Aegean but although visibility was superb (30m+) there wasnt that much in the way of fish life, especially larger fish. Apparently thats typical of the med.

String

Just out of curiousity, who did you dive with in Zakynthos? And who did you fly with???
Strange questions I know - but firstly - my first dive was in Zakynthos & I wondered if the dive centre was still running & secondly, I'm an air hostess & I fly to Zakynthos so I wondered if you flew with us!

Flew with Britannia the last 2 years but flying with i think its airtours when i go this september.

Dived with "Eurodivers" ( http://www.eurodivers.nu/ ) over there based in Lagana but talked to a few others there in Lagana and a few just a bit further in Keri.

It seems only that part of the island has a real dive business and most of the sites are near Keri.

My first ever "try dive" and follow up "re-dive" was in Zakynthos in Agios Nikolaos/St Nicholoas. These are still there but ONLY offer try dives, no real dive trips.

String

Airtours is now MyTravel Airways, which is who I work for!!! You never know - it could be me serving your tea & coffee!!

I did my try-dive & OW at St Niks !!! I know the instructor I had moved on so I wondered if they were still going!!! Theres not a lot to dive round there so I'm not surprised they've limited it to try dives. Esp. as they charge around £30 per person & take 10 out at a time! They made a fortune!

Anyway - hope to see you on your flight to Zakynthos! :wink:

Small world :)

The St Nics outfit dont own a boat and are trapped really to the small outcrop of rocks near the beach which i guess is perfect for OW and try dives but wont satisfy the rest.
The day i was there they had 80 try divers to work through. Real dive wise as i said is scenic enough, some nice arches, reef and so on (i never got to do Keri caves) but its all pretty "samey" after a while. The ban on all wreck diving still hasnt been overturned.

Ive spent the last 2 years im Zakynthos and this is the 3rd year (end of August, first 10 days september) there. Lovely place, crap airport. (one runway, parking for 4 jets only, 1 luggage claim belt etc).

Dont suppose you know what if any allowance i get for dive gear ? If i dont get any i'll be forced to wear the gear all the way there :)

undefined
dutch-scuba-kid:
hey mrgreen,

Thanks scuba-kid ive been,diving is very limmited,would not recommend more than a couple of divesnot much more to see caves were nice,fish were small typical of the med!dived with waterhoppers.

ChristineG:
I'm also heading to Greece in June and am interested in checking out their dive scene....where would be the best place to go for a 3-4 day trip?
Hi Christine !!
I would suggest the island of Crete . I met some great people in Palaiohora in Southwestern Crete in the region of Chania . The dive center is called AQUACRETA . Visit their site : www.aquacreta.gr They have nice divesites and the quality of equipment and services is excellent .
Have fun
Mike

Have any of you Been to Kalymnos if so have you done any diving there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom