Diving in Guam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poleinahole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here is a great alternative to the MDA cattleboats of 45 divers. If you want to do the grotto with 200 divers this is not the outfit for you.But if you want to do bluewtaer diving in small groups with personalized service, try Paul's diving at the Onward Beach Resort Hotel. Tel: 649-6482. Paul san and his wife are Japanese but have been on Guam for over 30 years--in fact, Paul is the oldest instructor to be operating in Guam. He speaks excellent English and nothing is too much trouble. he does two morning dives and two afternoon dives every day from Agana Bay.

They pick you up and drop you off from your hotel and charge $70 per dive. The boat they use could use a lick of paint and American captain Jeff and boat a bit of a clean, but it is very fine and worth it to do the small group style diving. The viz is far below that in the Maraians but I saw more fish: mantas, eagle rays, a large black tip shark, a large moray eel and two sleeping nurse sharks on the two afternoon dives I did yesterday (March 23, 2007). On the way back to my hotel, they even drove me to MDA to buy fins! Now that is service!

I stayed at the Castle Imperial Suites Hotel near the airport which was great and moderately priced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom