Diving in Guyana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like work will take me to Guyana in a week or so, is there any diving there? I'll be in Georgetown. I've done a couple searchs and nothing seems to be comming up. Any info will be great.

I was there in late 2005, there was no diving at all, as the water is too murky with so many rivers coming from the region.

If you want to go diving from Georgetown, I suggest that you check if BWIA and LIAT (airlines) still sell their airpass to the Caribbean. I bought it in Georgetown, it was valid for 21 days and unlimited flights, covered almost all the Caribbean islands and cost me only US$440 plus taxes. It was a dream vacation, diving one day and flying to another island the next day for three weeks in a row.

Hi thanks for the information, whatever happened is there any diving to be had in Guyana, and if not how far is the nearest carib island in terms of flying time? I may be moving there!

There is no diving in Guyana, the cost-line is a river basin with river run off that goes out to sea for many miles. It is easy to get from Georgetown to most Carribeanan islands. Regoinal Airlines have low fares and the flights are short, an hour or two and your at your dive destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom