Diving in Indonesia in January and February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a part of Indo where you can dive in jan/feb without having the rainny season and good visibility ?

Hi - not sure if you've checked out my trip report from Feb / March this year: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/in...at-trip-report-12th-feb-8th-march-2009-a.html

I visited Bunaken, Lembeh and Raja Ampat. I believe the low season for Raja Ampat is the opposite of Sulawesi and we experienced no rain there.

During our time on Sulawesi we had a couple of rain showers / storms but they normally only lasted an hour or so and did not effect our trip.

We had great viz on all dives.

During the Bali rainy season it tends to rain through the night, maybe through breakfast but very little through the daytime. All dive sites are still diveable, some are affected by river run-off but with the rainy season comes the warmer water! Snug diving

Back
Top Bottom