Diving in Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwbarpilot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just returned from a trip to Ocho Rios Jamaica.While i was there i went Diving with Jamaica Scuba Divers.They were great.They came to my resort on time ,picked me up in a car
and took me to their shop/dock in Run away Bay.On the first day i was the olny one diving.They brought out the boat just for me.It was the Captain,The Divemaster,and me.
What personal service! The Divemaster knew the reefs and showed me a lot.The second day it was one other diver and me.The second trip was just as good as the first.
I have to admit it was a small basic bare bones family operation,Two small shacks and a fairly small boat,but a safe operation.I highly recommend them and i would go with them agin.They also have locations in Negril and Montego Bay.I've never been to those locations.
The diving in Ocho Rios was very nice.Plenty of Fish i also saw an octopus,Lopsters,Conch,Morays,etc.And yes i saw 3 lionfish.The water was clear 80 ft vis at least.Water temp was 80 deg f.The Divemaster took me to an Anchor from the time of Coloumbus,filled with abundant marine growth.

Back
Top Bottom