Diving in keys in Feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Brent.. Do you guys have any deals with the Hotels or combination packages? If so, about what would it cost to be down there the 18th through the 21(I would check out on the 21) and do a morning dive, night dive and afternoon dive. I may need Reg and BC. Depends on how ambitious I get before hand? It would probably be just me. PM me with the details if you guys have specials. If not I can figure the price out on my own. Thanks

Jessica

JessicaDodge

For someone without a lot of dives under your belt, you might want to consider "Reef Adventures" out of Pennekamp Park. They have a 45 foot "deck" boat that they just got this year. (Alot nicer than the 30 footer they used to run.) If you hit it on a day when not too crowded it provides a lot of room. I dove with them last just before Xmas 2002 with only 10 divers on board. They do mostly trips to Molasses and French Reefs, which are not as challenging as some dives like the Eagle or Duane.

Hotels are going to be $$$$$ that time of year. Cheapest I know of is about $79/night for a "Keys style" mom & pop joint. Chains like Holiday Inn will be MUCH more expensive.

I haven't dove with Blue Water Divers, but I have with Sharky's, which is at same place (by Holiday Inn) and they have a 45'ish boat.

Have a great time.

Mike

Stayed there in August 02

Nice rooms. Clean. Large, etc.
Safe
Don't know how they compare to the other hotels at MM100 (Key Largo) but I suspect they're not among the most expensive.

There was another place right behind the Marina Del Mar (i.e., 100 feet away from the lagoon; the Marina Del Mar is right on the Lagoon). One of my ad-hoc buddies was staying there. If I recall, his room was 20$ cheaper than mine...

Sorry -- don't remember the name of the other place.

HI, thanks for the info guys.

Jessica

is a timeshare condominium called Port Largo Villas... nice place... don't know about their rates... but everything is pretty pricey this time of year. Will you be sharing accommodations with your boss and his girl? I'm thinking a two bedroom condo might cost less than two seperate hotel rooms... plus having a kitchen could save you a bundle.

Indeed, I used Bonine on a recent trip to the Keys and it worked like a charm in 3 ft seas. Good stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom