Diving in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with Club Cantamar a few years ago, had such a great time we are going back this November. Any one interested in join us let me know.

Last time I was there October 2006 we saw hammerheads at 120 feet, whale shark came up to the boat, sea lions and balls of fish. Great place to dive.
Safe Diving,
Brad

Club Cantamar, La Paz, Mex.

PB130069.jpg
Well we made it back to Club Cantamar in November 2010 and had a great time. We did 15 dives from their roomy boats and saw whale sharks, hammerheads, sea lions, and massive amounts of fish.

This was my third trip and stay at Club Cantamar and it was great! We had dinner most nights at the resort and the food was excellent. You have to try their tortilla soup. We also had dinner a couple nights in La Paz and at a little restaurant around the corner from the resort. All were great and the people splendid.

We dove all dives from their boat Uno Mas which is a big roomy boat that has nice shaded area and plenty of space.

Two days diving at Los Islotes where we saw and interacted with sealions pups that pulled our fins and just seemed like puppy dogs playing with us. There where also massive amounts of fish here darting around us.
La Paz 20102ndsealions 001a.jpgLa Paz 20102ndsealions 013.jpg
La Reina we saw massive balls of fish that blocked out the sun and surrounded us making it possible to loose sight of your dive buddy just a few feet away.

Salvatierra Wreck was alive with fish shimmering across the deck making it hard to see the deck.

We did a morning trip to see the whale sharks and were not disappointed. The airplane spotted and guided the boat to 6 sharks for us to slide into the water and snorkel with. Lots of great pictures and videos.
La Paz 2010whaleshark 002a.jpg
The Resort rooms were good, though the showers run a little slow and take time to get use to. The resort was most cooperative when our ac broke they gladly moved us to another room and even sent some to assist us moving every thing.

At the pool and bar we enjoyed cooling off and drinking margaritas, what life.

I am looking forward to taking another group to Club Cantamar in the future.

Safe Diving,
Brad

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom