Diving in Lake Sammamish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not a big fresh water diver but a few of my friends are. Any boats that you find will be much more preserved than in salt water and if you like to look for older bottles or "junk" in general any lake could be interesting...just not to me :)

I haven't been in Lake Sammamish but I'd say go for it. It can't be worse than Lake Ballinger (which I've done) :)

if you haven't tried it, lake crescent is a while different animal -- blue, nearly gin clear glacial water...

lamont:
if you haven't tried it, lake crescent is a while different animal -- blue, nearly gin clear glacial water...
That's one of my favorite dives, too -- go out, camp for a weekend at Salt Creek County Park, dive Crescent Bay and the Strait, which are some of my favorite dive sites in WA, then stop off at East Beach to dive the lake and clean your gear at the same time.

It doesn't get any more serene than Lake Crescent... :)

I've been there as well. My least favorite lake dive is Lake Union (it's illegal but that's the least of your problems there). There is a minesweeper there though.

Beach dove Lake Sammamish once, location across from the Sammamish State Park @ the south end of the pond in mid-June. The visibility was quite poor - about 5 feet. There is nothing to see anyway, the bottom is quite muddy. The water was warm, remember the temperature didnÃÕ vary much from the surface to about 30 feet. Below 30 feet, we experienced a severe thermal-cline. Only one cool sighting: A big salmon streaked within a couple of feet of my face-mask. Scared the you know what out of me for a second. My partner then experienced an ÁÊce-cream headache. This resulted in an unplanned emergency surfacing which, on busy Lake Sammamish, was spooky.

Will I try this again? Nope.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom