Diving in Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What in the world is a "nitrox stick

Kinda agree with what Ed Jewell said but major point is tanks dont need the O2 cleaning that partial pressure blending requires. Tanks never see O2 percentages higher than what the final "mix" is to be

I'm sure you'll be just fine!!!! Few people like "change" just embrace it for what its worth, Most of the time you'll find divers here are always on Key Largo/Key West time.. (laid back) We will have to put together another Lauderdale dive, its worth the trip and a great place to meet heaps of us..

quimby:
Kinda agree with what Ed Jewell said but major point is tanks dont need the O2 cleaning that partial pressure blending requires. Tanks never see O2 percentages higher than what the final "mix" is to be

Correct

Both Sea Dragon and Professional Diving Industries will fill non-dedicated cylinders (ie tanks that are not O2 cleaned)

Mark,

Although I now live in Virginia, I lived in Melbourne for 23 years. I never dove off the Melbourne area. Most of the dive operators are South, from Jupiter on down. I used Hatt's for my LDS, they are a very good shop.

Good luck at Florida Tech, my daughter is in her third year in Civil Engineering there. My wife is an Associate Professor in the School of Aeronautics there. (She commutes to Williamsburg, but we are buying a condo in Sebastian soon.) The free tuition for our daughter makes it worth while. I got my MBA at FIT, my wife got her MSEE and her Ph. D. there.

great link back there with all the dive spots, i have to say, scuba board has some good advice, and good people !!!! I also live in melbourne, and been diving all over, and now exploring diving off a boat i just bought, so im finding a
" BUNCH" of great dive sites all along the coast, hopfully i'll find a few of those coins you guys keep talking about also !!

Good luck with your trip down here, and well see ya down under!!

PM me when you get into town. I live right behind FIT. I'll introduce you to a friend who is a student at FIT and a DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom