Diving in Misool, Raja Ampat, Indonesia with Sony a7Rii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In this video, I was trying to capture a beauty and abundance of marine life in Raja Ampat during our 9-day stay at Misool Eco Resort:
I used Sony A7Rii with a 28mm and 28mm+fisheye lens and two Keldan Video 8X lights (11000 lm, 92 CRI), which are fantastic video lights.

This is my second video using FCPX, and I will greatly appreciate your constructive criticism.

Thank you very much.

Val

Wow - Brilliant video. Really nice work. You captured some great slice of life stuff top side too which really helps set context. Also, your underwater work is incredible: stable, framed nicely, etc. You've set a high bar Laval! :) The drone footage adds a lot - I'm really considering getting a Mavic to capture some of that for a Bonaire trip in February because it adds so much to overall film.

Is that video straight out of the camera (with beast lights) or did you color correct in post?

Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Wow - Brilliant video. Really nice work. You captured some great slice of life stuff top side too which really helps set context. Also, your underwater work is incredible: stable, framed nicely, etc. You've set a high bar Laval! :) The drone footage adds a lot - I'm really considering getting a Mavic to capture some of that for a Bonaire trip in February because it adds so much to overall film.

Is that video straight out of the camera (with beast lights) or did you color correct in post?
Thank you Sol Seeker. I appreciate your comments. Regarding color correction, I did just a little bit in FCPX, but with powerful Keldan lights very little was required. It was my first trip with these lights and only second project using FCPX, so I am still work in progress. You could watch my short video Dancing Octopuses of Misool, in which the first part is about symbiotic hunting of a leopard grouper and an octopus without any color correction (the same part as in this movie):
Enjoy your trip to Bonair. It is a very nice place, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom