Diving in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmolbeck:
Thanks, that would great. I look forward to hear how everything went. Where are you staying?

We just got back yesterday from our first trip to Nassau and it was fantastic!! We stayed at the Wyndham in Cable Beach. Would not recommend this hotel because of their frequent catering to graduating high school students (needless to say, they kept us up most nights with their partying). Who would have guessed that the end of April would have so many students that age not in school!!

Our diving with Stuart Cove's was really great. We are just now getting into scuba diving and this was our first big trip. They were really helpful to everyone on board even though there were about 12-16 people/trip. We went to the "Bahama Mama & Ray of Hope" and "James Bond" areas our first day out; the shark dives ("Runway Wall") the second day; and the third day we did a wall dive, "Playground" and a reef dive at "Southwest Reef." We would highly recommend Stuart Cove's to anyone.

It was also very convenient for us that Stuart Cove's picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off afterwards as well. We went the whole week without having to rent a car.

Have fun on your trip.

I was in the Bahamas in April with a group of divers. It was amazing and the folks at Stuart Cove's are top notch. I did 14 dives in the time I was down there and I'm anxious to go back. Our DM was Steven and he was a pretty cool guy that didn't mind Canadian jokes shot his way. We spent time at the "Will Laurie" too and that dive is sensational. What am I talking about, all the dives there are great. Be careful of Bubbles the parrot on the dock, she is fiesty.

Best,

Kev

My husband and I dove with Stuart Cove's in March and had the most horrendous experience. We were with a cruise ship, I don't know how much that should impact the quality of service? However, it was pretty bad. They were over an hour late in picking us up, it was my first dive past open water check out dives and I had never dived in salt water before so had no idea about weights. We were horribly rushed and I spent the first part of my dive bobbing around like a cork until someone helped me with the weights. I had asked for assistance before we got into the water to no avail. The dive master that was in the water with us was completely oblivious to any of the activities or needs of the divers. The dive sites were gorgeous. We did the Ray of Hope and Carribe Breeze and Tropic Trader. The locations were without fault.

They did end up refunding half our money and gave us free t-shirts for the foul ups. It may not have left such a bad impression except for my ultra-newbie status. I have a few more dives under my belt now (still admittedly a newbie) and don't think I would use Stuart Cove's again. I was just so very sorry to have my first dives messed up!

We dove with Stuart about three years ago and had a great experience. The attention to photo/video is top notch as you would expect - dive shop to the stars and all. They took us to some great wrecks and their shark feeding experience was - EXTREME.

cdiver2:
Dove with SC & DDD if I ever go back it will be with DDD

Did you dive with DDD recently? My wife and I will be there at the end of July. When I called, the person I spoke with seemed to think that they might be closing soon. They also mentioned being down to one boati'm thimking our only choice may be SC.

renpirate:
Did you dive with DDD recently? My wife and I will be there at the end of July. When I called, the person I spoke with seemed to think that they might be closing soon. They also mentioned being down to one boati'm thimking our only choice may be SC.

It was over a year ago since we dove there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom