Diving in NC, SC, TENN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like Lake joccasse is your destination. The lake is cold because of the deep water. Last year there was only one dive operator on the lake. Its the lake I got Cert in. The capt. name is bill and he runs ???? Having a little problem here. Something Wall Dives. Remember the movie deliverance. Well thats the lake. Also there is Good white water in that area. Class 4 and 5's rapids. So what you asked for this is what you get. There is also a grave yard they dive. Also under water Basketball. you call slam dunk even if your 4'-2".

kcbdiver

While stationed at Ft. Bragg, in N. Carolina, I had some good luck at Moorehead city. All deep wrecks, but had some good vis (40' - 50'). Lots of little critters on the wrecks and some good sized barracudas on the way down and up. Also saw a hammerhead while doing our safety stop. Try it, you'll like it. Take your camera.

On a good day, the dive boat operators might be talked into going to the U-352. We weren't so lucky, but maybe sometime...

Ken

Thanks Swamp Rat and Ken for the info.,

Ken, do you have an outfitter name the diving in Moorehead?

I visited off the wall diving's website and liked what I saw. At least there is an option there to get a drysuit specialty. Unfortunately, I will not be visiting until next year, but I will keep you in mind for a buddy. I will contact you as the time I will be visiting draws near.

I have one question Swamp Rat, are you talking about the Chatooga River, where Deliverance was filmed? It's near there? I had the opportunity to whitewater raft that River 4 years ago and had a blast! Beautiful country

Thanks again for all of your responses.

The town they flooded is in the bottom of Jocassee. And yes the Chatahoochee is the river I was thinking. But there is another one There also. I cant help much with the white water. Terrible for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom