Diving in Phuket in August- any advice greatly appreciated!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Amanda, Not sure when your non diving friend arrives but we have a 4 day 3 night trip to Phi Phi departing on the 21st to the 24th, this is 15 dives in total and still some space on board if you would like to join. We do not go to Koh Haa as this area is closed as mentioned above but spend time around Phi Phi and the shark point area too. You can contact me directly if you are interested in this. We take a maximum of 12 dives on board.

Hi Amanda! If possible with your schedule, take the liveaboard offered by Scuba Cat above. Liveaboard diving is soooooo much nicer than daytrips. Total relaxation and lots of dives. And the possibility of diving before the daytrippers arrive and after they leave. I can recommend the MV Scuba Adventure operated by Scuba Cat. I went on a 7 days liveaboard with them in February 2014 and I have already booked 3 consecutive trips with them next February.

Thank you all for the replies! if I'd have known about the liveaboard earlier I would definitely have been interested. I really think my next trip will be a liveaboard (I really enjoyed spending the whole day on a boat this time). I'm just back home and ended up diving with Superdivers which was a very good experience as well. I did three daytrips (racha yai + racha noi, phi phi and king cruiser). I especially enjoyed the two last ones, maybe I got very lucky but the boat was not crowded at all, I was never with more than 2 other divers and 1 guide and even the weather was good! The diving at king cruiser wreck and anemonereef was especially nice. I guess it would be less people going on a daytrip when they do king cruiser since AOW is required (something to keep in mind maybe..). I am considering a liveaboard to the Similan later this year. Any input on this? Is it worth going? Thailand is a good option since it's relatively cheap to travel from Sweden. (Being in Thailand in high season does worry me a bit though..).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom