Diving in Portugal or Southern Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have never dived with them.
What do you mean by being accustomed to bp and wing? Having them to rent or not freaking out if you have one? It's increasingly popular although only a few dive centers have them, but won't be frowned upon.
Oh, and just remembered, there's a cave in Sagres, the west tip of Algarve.

..... not freaking out if you have one? It's increasingly popular although only a few dive centers have them, but won't be frowned upon.
Oh, and just remembered, there's a cave in Sagres, the west tip of Algarve.

Excellent point I guess I was a bit unclear. Yes I will be bringing my gear sans tanks.

We did our check out dives in Lagos in southern Portugal. I was a brand new diver so was not able to appreciate the full circumstances of the dives. All I remember is 13deg C water and 1 meter vis. A lot of surge and very little life. 100 dives on and it still rates as one of the worst in my life :(

I'm sure other areas in Portugal are much nicer for diving. It's a fantastic country and I would love to visit again.

I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I haven't gone out with them.

One thing about the Algarve - they are working on a diving wreck park in Portimao. Some ships are already sunk and in place; others ought to be there this summer. You should check with a Portimao outfit about it, if you are interested in driving over there for some wreck diving.

You're probably wrong there - some sinkings have been in the news. It wouldn't be the first time the Portuguese TV news and newspapers screwed up a fact like that, but they don't make a habit of it.

I think they are still being cleaned. Nothing has been sunken yet.

They are aiming at sinking the first one by the end of September. Info taken from their FB page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom