Diving in Santorini?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it worth it? I am only on the island for 2 days. I like to see a lot of sealife and if theres not a lot, I get bored pretty quick.

I dove off the southern tip of mainland Greece (Lavrio) on the otherside of Makronisos. Did not see one fish of size. A couple of schools of small/tiny fish. I did see a small lobster stuck in a piece of net which we released. Water was nice and clear. I love to dive, but I was there for three weeks. It's a tough call if you are only there for two days.

But keep in mind that the dive shops I called run single dive trips. One in the morning and then one in the afternoon so you don't loose and entire day. They also use steel tanks. Double check with Santorini operators.

I used this operator Planet Blue.

Was there last Sept. with the idea of diving. Talking to a dive master there he did not even seem that interested in diving. Pretty much said up front not much to see as far as marine life. Did some snorkeling and some really neat and unusual geo formations were around. That area I believe is really over fished so that may be the reason. So, hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom