Diving in Seattle August 10 - 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lisahollis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I will be visiting Seattle in August and would love to do some dives while I am there. Are there any groups that do regular shore dives? Any boat charters I should check out? What are your favorite dive sites? I would like to go with someone who knows the area. I will be bringing my own gear but will need to rent tanks (preferably steel) and weights. I am an avid diver in Massachusetts so cold water is not new for me. Thanks for the advice!

Hi LisaHollis,

The gang on NWDiveClub can probably set you up with some diving. There's a lot of active divers in the area!
(I'm out of town otherwise I'd be happy to dive with you myself.)

cheers,

g2

Thanks, I've sent a request to the admins of that group to join. Do any of the dive shops in the area offer local group dives? Any charters to check out?

Thanks, I've sent a request to the admins of that group to join. Do any of the dive shops in the area offer local group dives? Any charters to check out?

Not many group dives that I know of, but you might check with Underwater Sports in Edmonds -- they occasionally do a dive day at nearby Edmonds Underwater Park (a shore dive).

NWDiveClub does regular dives on Thursday evenings and at other times throughout the month. Occasionally a big group dive. (It's a club only in the sense that the members like to dive and get together.)

There's a few charter operations that go out regularly from the Seattle area. I haven't used them so I wouldn't know what to recommend; the folks on the NWDiveClub forum would have a better idea.

Happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom