Diving in Talum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, I stayed at Dreams (then called Sunscape) and the on-site dive op was really good. Ceynotes are close to Dreams and amazing. Water is a bit nippy, so wear a 3 mil or so. I was fine with a shorty and a hood. If you happen to go to the Tulum ruins, carry your swim suit and a towel as there is an amazing beach below the ruins.

Have fun.

:rofl3:...I made it back...the metamorphosis is complete..phew!:rofl3:

Thanks Owlbill

I leave for Dreams Resort in a little less than 2 weeks. I can't wait. It will be quite the change from the 37 F water we had in Lake Erie this past Saturday.

37 degrees, not even with a 38 against my temple.

Let me know how your time at Dreams turns out. I really have no idea what to expect. I hate burning 3 days getting to know a place when I'm only going to be there for 8 days.

A couple of fun non-diving things to do while at Dreams, take the bike tour that the resort offers to the ruins. It's not a bad ride and it is pretty fun. Bring along a towel as there is an amazing beach at the base of the ruins. Well worth the time and effort.

I'll keep you posted on my ideas about maya. They answered my first questions but haven't answered my last ones. The one thing I am a bit disappointed about was they didn't want to rent doubles to me for the cavern dive. I prefer not to rely on the guide if the doo-doo hits the fan. I hope I can rent a stage just in case. My one question that is important is whether or not they have Nitrox. I haven't seen it listed on anyone's site down there. It goes from air to Trimix for those that teach technical diving. I have read all the posts and see that many people like them. I just hope that it is that they are busy. The nice thing is that I won't have to take transportation there. I really don't want to have to pay the extra for a cab and no way am I getting on a bus there with a bag full of my own gear. I dive a BP/W for singles as well. I guess I'll play it by ear and find out what happens in a couple weeks. Either way I am ready for the vacation after the projects I've been on the last two years..........more to come.

I'll be at Dreams Tulum 5/18-25. I (just me) have scheduled Cenote dives on Thurs 5/22 & Sat 5/24 with Diablo Divers. They will pick-up at 9AM if you would like to join us. I'm going to reef dive with Maya a coulpe days, but I'm leaving that open until arrival.

I'll be at Dreams Tulum 5/18-25. I (just me) have scheduled Cenote dives on Thurs 5/22 & Sat 5/24 with Diablo Divers. They will pick-up at 9AM if you would like to join us. I'm going to reef dive with Maya a coulpe days, but I'm leaving that open until arrival.

I might could join you Thursday but I am not sure I would be able to dive on Saturday based on my flight time. I definitely will want to have 24 hours prior to the flight back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom