Diving in the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poleinahole

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I spent a lovely day diving in Zeeland with this quality operator which runs numerous trips and has an active dive club. Duikcentrum Sublub Rotterdam PADI duikschool duikwinkel Rotterdam Amstelveen Amsterdam: Start.

Oosterschelde (one hour drive south from Rotterdam) apparently is one of the most biodiverse dive sites in the world. The area around the Zeelandsbrugge is especially popular during cuttlfish mating season in May/June when the water becomes 11C. Go with a knowledgeable operator as the tides can be tricky. During the summer and cuttlefish season weekends, there are lots of divers and you may have trouble finding a spot to park close to the dive site--go during the week instead. There are portable WCs on site but no place on site for fod or drinks so bring your own.

You will see life everywhere. From jellyfish to sepia cuttlefish, crabs, mussels and fish. A couple builds wooden biodegardable "tents" for the cuttlefish to nest in which has just won a prize. These are interesting structures to poke around in. (They degrade by winter and are lovingly replaced every srping). Good viz is 5 meters and rare, but then the photos you get will make folks think you were in the tropics. Summer water temp. is 16C so a dry suit or double 7 MM is essential.

Who would have thought Holland would boast such a fine dive spot?! The dive operator also runs North Sea trips for club members who are suitable qualified.

It ain't all bad over here... :D

Summer water temp. is 16C so a dry suit or double 7 MM is essential.
Most divers I know wouldn't use that during summer, a simple 7mm would do the trick for most people.

It ain't all bad over here... :D

Most divers I know wouldn't use that during summer, a simple 7mm would do the trick for most people.

Brrrrrrrr.

Personally, I go with the drysuit all year round here. Then again I've known people who are happy diving through the winter in semi-drys so I guess it just depends how much you feel the cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom