Diving in the Nude...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't do it around triggerfish in mating season.

I used to think it might be fun however once I got a drysuit and found out how nice it is to be warm and how cold even the warmest pool water can be I officially decided that diving dry or not diving are my to options in life.

However if your comfortable with getting a bit cold and comfortable with your body go for it.

Avoid stinging critters though

I'm toying with the idea of diving in the nude as a joke... any thoughts? suggestions? ideas?

Sounds a bit cold in Rhode Island for that particular diving specialty.... :rofl3:

But good luck :shocked2:

I'm toying with the idea of diving in the nude as a joke... any thoughts? suggestions? ideas?

See Playboy Feb 2000---I've got the video shot UW for the dolphin activity on Roatan-------4 bunnies only in BC's(our son shot it while working @ AKR)......Actually everything went just like they were wearing bathing suits---so other than maintaining proper bouyancy(don't want to get into much fire coral---if you know what I mean), it's a can acorn.......lol

If the water is warm, you look like Jessica Alba and don't mind getting all sorts of fascinating sea-life in all sorts of place it's never been before, go for it!

If the water is cold, you look like Ernest Borgnine or don't want to get "hard to explain" welts and rashes, I'd recommend against it. :cool:

Terry

I used to think it might be fun however once I got a drysuit and found out how nice it is to be warm and how cold even the warmest pool water can be I officially decided that diving dry or not diving are my to options in life.

However if your comfortable with getting a bit cold and comfortable with your body go for it.

Avoid stinging critters though

Surely you jest? A drysuit in the summer in the Caribbean or South Florida or the Gulf? I thought you Minnesotans had thicker blood? That would be like wearing a ski parka in Phoenix in August?

N

Drysuit in Summer in South Florida? I thought it was a joke when I first saw it for real. At my favorite dive shop in the Upper Keys several of the instuctor/DMs wear dry or semi-dry suits. When going out four times a day, every day of the week there seems to be a problem with maintaining one's core temperature. If you live down there and the temp goes below about 75 you are getting cold. Hard to believe if you are coming down from the North. I was diving with a lady DM in February who actually was wearing 15 mm of neoprene. Looked like the Michelin Lady. The year before in January I was on a boat with a DM who was wearing a snowmobile suit to stay warm. Last month there was a couple from Orlando who were freezing their a**es off in 85 degree temp because of the wind. I mean they were shivering and their lips were blue. Last winter, I think it was January or February, I was on a boat diving the Speigle Grove in 63 degree temp with a wind. Between dives I would have paid a few bucks for a parka or something myself.

Back
Top Bottom