Diving in the Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it depends on what your used to or what you like

If I liked reef I would probably be happier to go to PG to dive. Currents can be strong, but not always and not every site.

A lot of people go there and enjoy it - Its just not my cup of tea mainly because I dont really like reefs.

I always stay in La Laguna.

aquarius:
Gee DrMike I'll be in PG in 2 weeks and now feel deflated as hell. I'm not a reck diver but interested in nature and having a good time while I'm at it. I hope Sabang is not that bad...compared to what?

If the water is 23-25 celcius I don't think thats cold at all, your description on currents is a worry though.

But then again I'm used to much colder water, strong currents and 5 to 7m viz here in Melb so I hope I'll be happy and OK.

Anyone have anything good to say? Cmon DrMike it can't be that bad....I respect your opinion but is it really all doom and gloom?

I dive in Puerto Galera quite a bit. Actually got my divemaster certification there.

Dives for all tastes, from easy going corals, strong currents or deep dives.

Canyons (30m) and Fishbowl (42m) are my favorite. Sweet Lips cave at 52m is a cool, but short dive on single tanks.

A 45 minute speed boat ride to Verde Islands offers some great current dives in the Washing Machine.

Coron was a blast, we flew there and then took a ferry home.

My absolute favorite place here is Apo Reef on the opposite side of Mindoro Island from Puerto Galera. I went there with my friend who has a 50' yacht, so not sure about other ways to get there, as it is an Atol in the middle of the sea. Pandan Island has a resort, that I'm sure could arrange for your transport...google it and I'm sure you will find the details...Highly recommended in my book!

Hit me up when you get here or anytime and I will help answer any questions I can.

Richard
richard@bakit.com
cell: 63-921-548-6166

Hi rkdinmn,

I went to Apo Reef last Oct and was a bit disappointed, viz was fantastic and water was nice and warm but we didn't see a lot. Maybe it was because the guide on the boat was only on his second trip there we probably didn't drop in the best places.

Also the ride back to PG was a long 14 hour bumpy overnight journey on a rolly-polly tub. I don't noramally get motion sick and I didn't throw up on this trip, but it was a very uncomfortable night.

Drew

rkdinmn:
My absolute favorite place here is Apo Reef so not sure about other ways to get there, as it is an Atol in the middle of the sea. Richard
richard@bakit.com
cell: 63-921-548-6166

scubaworld's Explorer (now renamed EXPEDITION) fleet has a regular liveaboard service to apo reef...

heard it's a blast of a dive trip... gotta save up or prostitute myself... sigh

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom