Diving in the UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi there
plenty of info here
http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/646/3

come to the UAE its great!

russj:
Hi everyone,

Im going on holiday to Dubai in July and Id like to know if anyone has any recommendations for dive centres and sites near there. Im told Fujairah is a good place to go, but has anyone here dived there? Theres about 3 centres there that I can see - does anyone have any background knowledge of each one? Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Russ

Here is my 2c worth on diving in Dubai...

If you like ship wrecks, look no further. We have PLENTY of those! My all-time favourite being Dara (you can check out some write-ups on my site)... Dara is an old ship... its got some massive Stingrays residing there... There is Baracuda Barge, Zeinab, Zahra, Cement Barge, SMB etc... for Visibility, Dara and Baracuda Barge are not too bad, as they are far away from all the dredging...

I have also done A LOT of diving on the east coast... The center I deal with is Scuba International... very nice people... The east coast (fujeirah, khor fakkan etc...) is more of "tourist diving"... my definition of tourist diving is where you get to see a lot of colourful fish, eels etc... (not my cup of tea)...

unfortunately, I will be out of Dubai from the 18th of July until the 29th, otherwise I could have assisted you more when you got here...

coliseum:
I have also done A LOT of diving on the east coast... The center I deal with is Scuba International... very nice people... The east coast (fujeirah, khor fakkan etc...) is more of "tourist diving"... my definition of tourist diving is where you get to see a lot of colourful fish, eels etc... (not my cup of tea)...

I dive mainly for the fish.. its exactly why i like diving.. watching fish behaviour, watching their beauty and diversity.. i dont consider myself a tourist at all.

the indopacific area where i did most of my diving boasted 1000 species of fish and never ever did i get tired of it... the underwater topography, coral reef structures and their inhabitants are one of the world's wonders.. beats the Cement Barge with its 1m vis on Saturday, any day!

I prefer wrecks and big fish... I respect your views... I guess you would enjoy The east coast then... Over the years I lost the touch for Micro diving... its not that I dont enjoy it, I guess its because I always am on the lookout for Huge stuff in the distance hence I fail to notice the small guys...

dive center closed to dibba-rock

maku-dive

to be found in the holiday beach hotel

very easy diving, boat ride to dibba rock takes about 5min

swisstrav:
dive center closed to dibba-rock

maku-dive

to be found in the holiday beach hotel

very easy diving, boat ride to dibba rock takes about 5min

i went to the holiday beach resort on friday to practise statics in their pool. the water was disgusting and my hair was green for four days.

took a look at the dive centre, no-one was there.

pretty nasty looking resort, won't return. Sorry!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom