Diving in WNC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone. I will be relocating to Asheville, NC in the next couple of months. I am wondering where people dive in Western NC. Are there local lakes that shops use for training or do you have to drive somewhere away from WNC?

Lake Norman Quarry is in Western NC, not sure exactly where, also look at Blue Stone Quarry (still a bit of a drive for you). These are PRDA quarries (member owned). Gander at NCdivers.com and you can find others in your area,

Lake Jocassee in Upstate SC is a good place to dive and closer to Asheville. Lake Norman is in the Charlotte area.

Butch

Hi, I use to live in Fletcher years ago, and back then there was a diveshop called Dane Lane Enterprises though I doubt they are still there in Hendersonville. I dove Lake Joccassee and some quarry near Hickory. I read that Wolf and Bear lakes somewhere in WNC have some diving but I never dove them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom