diving incident in St. Lawrence river - Brockville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcele

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone heard of a diver rocketing to the surface from the Lillie Parsons on Mon., Sept. 07/09. I heard that he was taken to the hospital and am interested in what caused the incident.

Has anyone heard of a diver rocketing to the surface from the Lillie Parsons on Mon., Sept. 07/09. I heard that he was taken to the hospital and am interested in what caused the incident.

Death by air embolism. It seems that I saw another thread on this.

If this date is correct, it would be at this point only speculation on COD. However, I suspect that the date is incorrect as I was told a similar story (location, accident type) on saturday by a LDS owner. Please if anyone has any legitimate links with more info, please post.

I heard on the boat radio something had happened.
Someone popped up from 170', if it was on the Lillie Parsons he certainly left his shovel on the bottom. Many incidents there are never reported.
Go figure, we might never know what happened.

I heard on the boat radio something had happened.
Someone popped up from 170', if it was on the Lillie Parsons he certainly left his shovel on the bottom. Many incidents there are never reported.
Go figure, we might never know what happened.

If memory serves me correctly, the Lillie Parsons lies in approx. 50 feet of water. Where did he find 170 feet?

I know nothing about the accident, and not meaning to hijack the thread, I thought that I would reply to DCBC. If you go over the ledges at the Lilly, you can find 170' and a bit more. The steam winch off the wreck is at about 155'.

I know nothing about the accident, and not meaning to hijack the thread, I thought that I would reply to DCBC. If you go over the ledges at the Lilly, you can find 170' and a bit more. The steam winch off the wreck is at about 155'.

Thanks gwilki. I dove this wreck several years ago, we went to about 100 ft and couldn't find any further wreckage. I wish I knew that there was more to it at the time (I was diving with the Underwater Club of Canada, Hart House, U of T and members of SOS). Although no one was from the local area, I would have thought that the SOS people would have known more than they obviously did... :)

I did the Lillie and Daryaw on Monday between 9 AM and 1:30 PM. There were 2 boats there (ours and another) at the same time plus one boat there right before us.

Someone from our boat told me that he heard the incident over the boat radio, and he thought it was on Monday. I didn't hear anything, perhaps because I was in the cabin at the time, away from the radio and chatting away. He said he also heard that the other divers were left behind when the incident happened. Not sure who picked the other divers up...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom