Diving Key Largo Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
[fv]1229107132513[/fv]

JoyfulLee and I visited Key Largo Florida a few weeks ago. We stayed at a hotel called the

Marina Del Mar

It is located at the 100 mile marker. The area has LOTS of scuba operations so it is not difficult to find a boat.

We used a scuba operation called (Rainbow Reef).
I was especially impressed with how helpful the boat captain was.

We dove the reefs named: the Bentwood, French, Wench, and Molassas. I thought the dives were excellent.
The water was only 40 feet deep and there was good visability. The reefs had lots of structure and lots of sealife.
Short boat ride, easy dives, and great opportunities for photos.

Be safe and happy diving!

We go to Key Largo every May and stay at Marina Del Mar. I love Sharky's/the Galley. We always use Scuba Doo charters though. The reefs are great but if you go back make sure to check out the Duane and Spiegel Grove wrecks, they are just amazing too! Man I miss Key Largo now.

Glad you had a great trip!

We've used Rainbow Reef as well, and stay at the Ramada Inn. They were fine, and did a good job, except I prefer smaller boats, and RR uses larger 20+ boats in Largo (Tropical Voyager).

We have been to all the dive sites you mentioned (Molasses is a favorite... and so easy to dive -- just follow the channel). The Benwood makes a great night dive, and French is beautiful as well.

I agree with Pat, when you're back next, you should check out the Spiegel. Breathtaking dive, especially the very first time you descend, and the huge hulk opens up below you after you've barely begun your descent, and you're hanging on the descent line like a flag in the wind... awesome experience...

Back
Top Bottom