diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning a spring break trip down to largo and will dive BHB - I read some cool reviews about diving LBTS -

I did have a simple question - is diving there tide dependent like Blue Heron Bridge is, or are you okay as long as you arent at low tide?

Thanks.

No issues with tides. It’s more to do with wave action and visibility if you are shore diving and swimming out to second or third reefs. Reach out to some good companies out there.
Getaqui, Wonderlost or Sea Experience are three that I know and recommend. Good honest people.

Diving there is not tide dependent but during Spring Break you will certainly want to watch the wind/surf chart because it can turn from Lake Atlantic to a washing machine on a dime.

Good link for tracking the conditions. Also I highly recommend checking out Aqui Watersports which @LandonL and his partner Ryan own and run. Walking distance to what used to be the pier and full service shop. Can't beat it!

Thanks for the responses - and @tbone1004 thanks for the link.

I have had enough of Jocassee and ready for some clearer water!
Can't blame you, if you ever need any tweaks in Jocassee once the water warms up, just let me know! I'm attempting to get to Aqui this weekend but the weather God appears to not be looking down upon me today

Parking could be a problem, get there EARLY.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom