Hi. Again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J322Y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's been 5 years since I posted here and almost 4 years since I've been diving. Sad but true. Life happened. Actually I did a guided dive/skills review at Blue Heron a few days ago to get reacquainted with my gear and the water.

I'm an old fart who only got certified in 2017. I have about 60 dives. I was recently invited to travel with a friend to a veterinarian conference. In Bali. o_O

I'm not a vet, I'm just tagging along. I'll be on my own for the first 3 days of the trip during the conference so naturally I'm going to dive! My friend used to dive a lot when she was young and I'm trying to convince her to do a course in Bali and join me on a few dives after the conference. At the very least we'll do some snorkeling.

I booked one dive already with Nusa Dua Dive Center on 11/8. They have a 2 person minimum and they were able to fine a buddy for me on the 8th and they're looking for one for the 9th. 🤞

A 2 dive boat trip including hotel pickup/drop off, food and drinks, and all gear including cylinders $1,400,000.00 IDR. That's $88 :cool:

A special thanks to Scuba Jenny who took me out on a few great dives at the bridge and Fort Lauderdale. 🙏

Congratulations on the Bali diving opportunity; hope you'll post a trip report and let us know how it went. Yeah, there currently is based on what from an American perspective seems an incredibly small value. So I ask...does anything cost 1 IDR? Or even 5 or 10?

Thanks! I'll let yall know how it goes. What a great way to get back into diving, although I'll probably be a bit spoiled...

If what you see in Bali is similar to what I saw in Raja Ampat last December, look for clown fish (I was glad, as a scuba diver, to finally be able to say I'd 'found Nemo'), anemones the size of large pillows and other neat things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom