Diving locations around Dallas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codiak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Dallas mid July on business and am looking for advice on good diving locations for a weekend or weekday mornings/nights.

So far I've identified:
Thanks in advance,
Chuck

I'd go with CCSP. If you go on a weekend, you will more than likely run into some of the swampers there. If you're lucky, they'll let you go through the initiation to become an associate swamper!

Highly recommend CSSP, whether you like to dive deep or shallow, warm or cold. There's also fish, turtles, vegetation and lots of fine people who frequent the pond.

Athens is okay, but there's no wildlife. There's (or at least was last time I was there) a plane, a bunch of busses, and other stuff.

I'd still go to CSSP, but if you're looking for Viz, I've always had better luck at Athens.

I would not bother with Athen's, if you want to drive that far away from Dallas, I would go to Lake Travis(windy point) or out to Lake Murray. Or if you like better vis. CSSP is a nice place to take a dip.

Welcome to the swamp Codiak! CSSP is your best bet for local diving, Athen's second. Welcome to our version of hell! :rofl3:

Thanks everyone looks like CSSP it is!

Debraw, I'm a muck diver... 20 feet of vis and wildlife other then algea is heaven! Not to mention the warm waters you all have :)

Is a pickup buddy easy enough? Or will someone in the US actually "let" me use my SDI Solo cert? (grin)

Thanks everyone looks like CSSP it is!

Debraw, I'm a muck diver... 20 feet of vis and wildlife other then algea is heaven! Not to mention the warm waters you all have :)

Is a pickup buddy easy enough? Or will someone in the US actually "let" me use my SDI Solo cert? (grin)

A lot of us are their every weekend just post up when you are going. But im pretty sure Robert does not care if you dive solo.

One small piece of info on The Oasis. It has been a couple of years since I heard this, but last I knew The Oasis was closed to the public. There is one LDS who has access for open water classes, but that is it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom