Diving My Reconditioned Scubapro MK5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flfishhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Got my first chance to use my reconditioned Scubapro MK5 regulator first purchased new in early '70's. Hadn't dove since mid '80's (long story) until moving back to Florida a few years ago. Had been told by one or two LDS owners/techs that it wasn't "worth the expense" to have the MK5 reconditioned. But, after reading several related threads on this site, I decided "what the heck" and sent it to Bryan at Vintage Double Hose. Got it completely reconditioned, including stainless swivel retainer. Anyway, dove Vortex Springs in NW Florida and took it down to 50'. Was like welcoming home an old friend. The old workhorse (the regulator, not me :wink: ) still breathes like a champ. Hope to make an open water dive with it this week or next.

Breaths better than most modern regs. I use an mk3 and an mk5 as my LP doubles rig and like it much better than my "new" Oceanic rig I use on warm water dives.

I have a scubapro MK5 which I too purchased at early 70's.Its shape is excellent and I have used it many times after which it won't work properly.Then I buy Mk20 which I am using currently and it works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom