Diving near Austin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voodooCatfish

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm meeting up with my brother in Austin at the end of July for business and we would love to stay and extra couple of days and find somewhere worth diving. Am I dreaming or what? Where can I get an underwater cowboy hat? ;-)>
Any suggestions/invitations would be very welcome.
Take care,
Jeremy

Lake Travis is about as good as it gets for fresh-water lakes in Texas.

Has Travis cleared up at all yet? I was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible vis below 50 ft.

Has Travis cleared up at all yet? I was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was horrible vis below 50 ft.

Lake Travis is still closed to boating from all the flooding, although they have finally closed 1 of the 4 open floodgates on Mansfield Dam. To me the main issue is whether the bacteria counts are still high. And we received more rain in the area yesterday adding to the runoff into the lake. I think I'll be waiting a while before I go back in ...:(

I'll check the conditions with whomever I can find locally when I get into town next week,
Thanks guys.

:D I plan on diving in Austin this weekend and making trip to san marcos to visit friends and visit the river via scuba and then head to comal in new braunfels monday for somemore diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom