Diving near Bonaire's Salt Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove it in July 2009 as a night dive with a guide from Buddy's. Also did over an hour dive. It was awesome, saw all sorts of critters including octos and a spotted eagle ray. I've never seen an eagle ray at night before. I dove it during the day pre-Omar and much preferred it as a night dive.

Oddly enough, if you dive Jeannie's Glory to the south (and you swim really fast) there are some intriguing pier looking structures that you find. I have never surfaced there to see what they are but the diving in the area is great. :wink: Not that I would condone violating any rules made by the harbormaster!

In early September 2009, my daughter and I had a very similar experience to jghflash. We saw 8 tarpon, an octopus, a hawksbill, and beautiful corals. Nothing seemed to drop on our heads.....

Hello all. I wrote an article about diving at Salt Pier in Bonaire, and I thought you may find it interesting. Following is a brief quote from the article and a link to the full text, for your consideration.

What would help even more, however, is if guided dives at both pier structures resumed. The conditions at this point are similar to those before hurricane Omar — at least at Salt Pier. The security profile of divers and dive masters on the island does not appear to have changed. Perhaps the time has come for the authorities on the island to begin issuing again permits for pier diving.

The full article is available from mybonaire.org/blog.

Just dove salt pier last week. Fantastic by the way. You must have a guide that has permission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom