Diving near Niagara Falls on 25th or preferrably 26th of June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like I will be in Niagara Falls 27-29th of June for some work related training.

I was wondering if I arrive Sunday morning if there are any afternoon/evening charters going out nearby (I'll probably fly into BUF).

I will bring my equipment and I would only need to rent tanks (preferably steel doubles - like HP119 or something like that). Interested in recreational level diving.

Any suggestions on where I can rent or borrow set of doubles and who to dive with?

GOOGLE "DIP-N-DIVE, Buffalo, NY. Talk with them as to what may be going on.

If you are willing to travel (about 1-1.25 hours), Osprey Charters runs out of Barcelona, NY. The wrecks down there are the good ones, and if you are trained for deep water, there are some great selections. You can google "Osprey Charters", and get all the contact information you need.

I'll fly into BUF (Buffalo) it seems but at the end of the day I am staying in Niagara Falls, ON (Canadian side).

I do have my deep specialty but I don't do technical diving, just within recreational limits.

I don't mind traveling I was just hoping I can catch something if I fly in Sunday morning. I might need to arrive Saturday for anything. going out Sunday.

I you are in Canada already, get in touch with Dan or Matt at Dan's Dive Shop in St. Cathrines, Ontario (about 20 minutes away). They might know of something going on. There is an outstanding wreck (the Benson) that is off Pt. Colborne on the Canadian side of Lake Erie. Also, there is some excellent wreck diving off Long Point, Ontario (a little farther West on the Canadian sde). I believe there are charters out of that area. Post an inquiry here on SB for Long Point, Ontario dive charters, and you might find the member who advertises in his signature line..... I can't remember who it is.

I ended up diving with Aquaholic (Eric Cooper). I have nothing but the good things to say about how he runs his op. Yes he was a bit late on arrival but to be honest I preferred it that way as I really don't like early early dive times.

This was my first RIB boat dive in life and I was surprised with the equipment he has including the ladder (I was afraid I would have to climb on side of the boat). It was also first diving the great lakes. Visibility was what I expected and temperature as well so I wasn't disappointed at all. Having to explore the wooden schooners that are so old was just fantastic for me.

The Lyman Davis and Sligo.

Eric even arranged a set of doubles for me! Thank you Eric and Carlos! :)

Hey, great couple of dives! Sligo's been on my list for a while...nice to have a positive ending!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom