Diving near Reading, UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItMustBeJames

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another quick question. What's available for diving around Reading, UK? I'll dive in cold water, but my dive buddy prefers non-hypothermia-inducing dive spots. Is there anything near by? Or is it all pretty cold all year long?

Hi there...
The only places close to Reading are lakes or the Thames (21degrees in July) but its out of bounds in August... the lakes are at Wraysbury nr Heathrow, probably 45mins from Reading by car... its a muddy hole which was 18degress about 2 weeks ago.. 8 degrees at 5-6m... Then there is Vobster Quay, which must be about 2hrs drive, not sure of the temp but its deeper/clearer/pretty good but colder... You might as well travel to the coast and go with a hard boat and hire the kit... it will be only a 1.5hrs from Reading and its warmish... not been out since April but should be 17-19 degrees.. Sea will be warming up still.. Sept will be slightly warmer.. :wink: Obviously alot more to see than a lake!

Vobster Quay Inland Diving Centre

Wraysbury Dive Centre - PADI 5*

Adventure College watersports

There is also a PADI school down that way... Divecrew - Padi Scuba courses in Bracknell, Slough, Amersham, Farnborough, covering Windsor, Aylesbury and Guildford

Try Divernet, Bsac forums, UK Diver or Yorkshire divers forums for a buddy/boat.. or drop me an email...

Johnoh

Chesham Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, UK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom