Diving near Rome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimmajimma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to be moving to Rome for a year for work starting in July.

I am a relatively new diver but am wondering if anyone can help with the following:

1. Are there any good dive sites near Rome that I could do as a day trip from the city?
2. Are there any good dive sites a bit further away that could be done as part of a week-end trip from Rome?
3. Can anyone recommend a diving club / group that I could join to help meet people?

Only caviat, I likely won't have a car...

Thanks, and any help anyone could offer is much appreciated...

KJ

Hi
i live quite far from Rome, so i do not know any club you might join but i guess you'll have no problem to find out one, since Rome is full of dive shops. The closest are ( Tor paterno) is not that good, but you have Monte Argentario and Sorrento peninsula within a couple of hours by car. The diving is great over there. if you like cave diving give Capo Palinuro a chance.
Hope this helps
Ciao
Cris

Can you tell me what the water temperature was like and what time of year you went. Also, of the sites you listed, what spot was you favorite?

Back
Top Bottom