Diving near Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I think I found a dive boat (Aquaholic Dive Charters) for this weekend near Toronto. Eric mentioned he is taking from Toronto on Sunday.

Now for the main question.

I am landing (1pm or so) in Buffalo, NY and driving across the border towards Toronto Saturday. I need to rent or borrow set of doubles (I normally dive HP119 doubles) and need to buy a couple of DIN o-rings for the reg (noticed they were missing when I was messing with the regs past weekend).

Where can I do so on Saturday (so I can also return on Sunday?)? I'll be working/training in Niagara Falls, ON Mon-Wed so I might be able to drop the tanks in Niagara Falls if I would rent/borrow them there during lunch time Monday.

Thanks!

You should ask Eric what he recommends, because he will probably be able to help you. In the downtown area, I'm not sure what dive shops are still around. Aquarius Aquarius Scuba Diving Center - Scuba Equipment - Sales, Rentals & Training Instruction Courses in Toronto, ON (416) 604-4203 might be sort of on your way towards Toronto and back. Watersports WATER SPORTS Dive Shop Toronto is a little north.

In St Catherines near Niagara Falls, there's Dan's Dive Shop, Ontario Scuba Diving Courses| Scuba Diving Equipment| Technical Diving Courses| Snorkeling Equipment Canada| Learn to dive scuba dive classes padi which may be able to rent you doubles. You could easily go there on your way from Buffalo to Toronto and drop them back on Monday.

In the area where you're ending up, there is the Wexford near Grand Bend, which is awesome, and the Tiller pretty close to Niagara Falls, and drift diving on the Niagara river is an experience. There's easy quarry diving at Sherkston Shores near Fort Erie.

In the Toronto harbour area, make sure Eric takes you to good ones. The Lyman Davis and Sligo are nice. Eric also goes to the Wexford and Tiller. They are all extremely cold and the vis is not great, so beware.

If you have more time next time, Brockville, Kingston and Tobermory have awesome shipwrecks to dive...

Lyman Davis and Slingo are indeed where Eric is taking us tomorrow. Sweet!

He sounds really nice over the phone. Even helped me with getting a set of doubles for me. Awesome service! Looking forward!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom