Diving off Punta Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My favorite non-diving vacation place is Cancun, near the punta, and my favorite hotel there is Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. Great beach, great nightlife in the area, just a blast. And when we stayed there last September/October we had the whole place to ourselves.

Anyway, the beach is so white and beautiful there, and the water so calm, I'm wondering how the diving is off the Camino Real/Fiesta Americana, or off the rocks near the Hyatt on the point. I have some photos of the area on my wall, and every time I pass by I look at that calm, blue white sand beach and just think how nice it would be to dive it even if there's nothing to see. As I recall there were what look like reefs right around the point, no?

My husband and I are leaving for cancun on Sat Jul 31st for a week and we are staying at the Fiesta Americana. We are planning on doing some diving as well with Manta Divers.
mccabejc:
My favorite non-diving vacation place is Cancun, near the punta, and my favorite hotel there is Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach. Great beach, great nightlife in the area, just a blast. And when we stayed there last September/October we had the whole place to ourselves.

Anyway, the beach is so white and beautiful there, and the water so calm, I'm wondering how the diving is off the Camino Real/Fiesta Americana, or off the rocks near the Hyatt on the point. I have some photos of the area on my wall, and every time I pass by I look at that calm, blue white sand beach and just think how nice it would be to dive it even if there's nothing to see. As I recall there were what look like reefs right around the point, no?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom