Diving off Sanya in Hainan Island - China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sanya is a trategic location for the diving industry in China.Water quality is nice and UW visibility in general is 10-15m on average.There are lots of aquatic life and colourful corals especially in Yalong Bay,Haitang Bay and Houhai Bay.

I am sorry for your poor dive experienced in Sanya. Yeah there are different dive shops accupy different diving spots around the island which make it quite confusing.It is possible to have a nice dive trip in Sanya China, if contact with profeesonal dive centre,such as PADI Dive Centre.What’s more , the dive centre stsff will arrange English diving instrutor who on basic informatin about the area.

Here is a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre in Sanya,the English Instructor Guo Yong is a nice guy, he know much about Sanya and Hainan dive information.His E-mail is 358712501@qq.com.

ChinaDive
E-mail: chinadiveclub@gamil.com

Hope it can be help!

Sanya is a trategic location for the diving industry in China.Water quality is nice and UW visibility in general is 10-15m on average.There are lots of aquatic life and colourful corals especially in Yalong Bay,Haitang Bay and Houhai Bay.

With all due respect, most divers I know, do not care if a location is strategic or not; they care about a good dive with something to see.

I do not believe for a second that the UW visibility is "10-15 m on average." It was arm's length when I dived. That would require 30 m viz on other days to reach your average.

Also there was little to see: a few destroyed coral heads with nets draped over them and a scattering of small fishes.

I don't wish to denigrate a dive site, but the only reason to dive Hainan is to record a China dive in your logbook. I have dived quite a few places: Canada, USA, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Egypt, Jordan, Croatia, Hungary, etc. and Hainan was absolutely the worst dive spot I have encountered.

If I had known, I probably still would have dived there merely because I was there. But divers should be forewarned about the reality of diving in Hainan first: poor viz, poor coral life, scarce fish life.

With all due respect, most divers I know, do not care if a location is strategic or not; they care about a good dive with something to see.

I do not believe for a second that the UW visibility is "10-15 m on average." It was arm's length when I dived. That would require 30 m viz on other days to reach your average.

Also there was little to see: a few destroyed coral heads with nets draped over them and a scattering of small fishes.

I don't wish to denigrate a dive site, but the only reason to dive Hainan is to record a China dive in your logbook. I have dived quite a few places: Canada, USA, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Egypt, Jordan, Croatia, Hungary, etc. and Hainan was absolutely the worst dive spot I have encountered.

If I had known, I probably still would have dived there merely because I was there. But divers should be forewarned about the reality of diving in Hainan first: poor viz, poor coral life, scarce fish life.

Yeah, some divesites was not so good as south Asia In generally.But, there are many good destination.

Hey guy,
here a POST from a girl Monne who showed her cool dive experiences in Sanya.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-china/34727-hainans-miserable-dving-scene.html

And here are some Pics from my album in Scubaboard
http:www.scubaboard.com/gallery/useralbums.php?appaction=albums

This is a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre in Sanya
ChinaDive www.chinadiveclub.com
The Centre got highly regarded .

you got the poor experient cause the dive shop I think. You see , Scuba industry isn’t a mature industry in China, and there are different dive shops accupy different diving spots around the island which make it quite confusing.Hainan.especially Sanya is a good destination for Scuba diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom