Diving on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crandolph

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My wife and I will be traveling to Oahu in July of this year. Can anyone recommend a dive operation to us? Does anyone have experience with Island divers? I hear they give a military discount. We would like to do an array of dives all around the island including some shore dives but with there being so many dive operators around I am at a loss of where we should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Talk to Gabe at Kaimana Divers. Ive been out with him a couple times now on work trips. I will happily give thema good review anytime and go back out with them any time. AAA+++ operation. If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.
Myles

Just spent the day with the group at Island Divers a couple of weeks ago. I had a good time so it would be hard to go wrong with them and yes they do offer a military discount.

I have also heard good things about Kaimana Divers but I have never dived with them. Gabe is a frequent SB poster so he will probably chime in at some point.

I've been out with both and IMO you will be happy with either. Both also have military discounts. A +1 for IDH is that they have 2 dive shops with one being on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, from which they do a couple dives a week. Something no other shop on Oahu does.

A +1 for KD is that they do a couple dives that no one else does on Oahu, such as the Shark Dive Charter and possibly the new "Blackwater" Night dive.

Both have FB pages and KD has a really neat group FB page called "Friends of Kaimana Divers" where you can find out all kinds of good Oahu diving info.

Summer is also shore diving season on the Northshore. Check out Shorediving.com for info on the most frequented sites.

My husband and I will be there as well, the first week. We're also looking for info. Happy diving!

I dove with Kaimana Divers on April 23rd while on Oahu. Did the Sea Tiger wreck as the first dive and the Kewalo Pipe as a second dive. Great dive op! Dive Master pointed out several critters that I would have missed such as my first Frog Fish (on the Sea Tiger) Also at the Pipe there is not a lot of coral but lots of cool critters the day we dove it. Magnificent Snake Eel out and about as well as some kind of Flatworm that is usually nocturnal, others on the boat were exctied about spotting one out in the daytime. I would recomment them in a heartbeat.

Gaffer

wreck 3.jpgwreck 2.jpgwreck.jpgwreck4.jpg
Thread hijack warning - secret wreck on Oahu. Shhhhhh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom