Diving Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justadyver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
going to a resort just north of playa del carmen can
anyone recommend a dive shop in this area.

Welcome to ScubaBoard justadyver! So you're coming down my way eh? Ever dove here? What hotel are you in? This is a diving paradise and nobody knows the reefs both here and in Cozumel, or the cenotes like me. :wink: Got any questions about different types of diving that's offered around the area, don't hestitate to PM me. Hope to get wet with you while you're down!:D

Traveling to Mayan Riveria for diving plus beach and ruins. Need to find accomodations and dive shop and am deciding whether to stay in Playa or Cozumel... Leaning towards Playa since it's closer to other activities but want to dive cozumel sites too. Do dive shops in Playa take you to Cozumel?

Traveling to Mayan Riveria for diving plus beach and ruins. Need to find accomodations and dive shop and am deciding whether to stay in Playa or Cozumel... Leaning towards Playa since it's closer to other activities but want to dive cozumel sites too. Do dive shops in Playa take you to Cozumel?

I just PM'd you and if you have any questions about my message please let me know on here with a PM or you can email me at geofish.dive@gmail.com. STAY IN PLAYA!! So much better than Cozumel. Ask some people on this forum about whether to stay in Playa or Cozumel as far as overall enjoyment goes.

Also I forgot to mention that we accompany all our customers to Cozumel to ensure they are looked after and they receive our personal service. Safe travels and happy diving.

I spent a week south of Playa the middle of February and did my dives with Jason at Fantaseadive. All of us that dove with Jason were very impressed with his professionalism and personal dive service. We only had 4-5 divers in our group each day so that made each dive really fun and relaxed.

I highly recommend Jason's operation.

staying at the Mayan Palace,4/19 to 4/25

I spent last week at the Grand Mayan (same property as the Mayan Palace), now I"m on Cozumal to finish my trip. There is some great diving in Playa. The Cenotes are not to be missed and the reefs in Playa are very rich in life so even though they lack the spectacular walls of Cozumel they make awesome dives.

I have dove with Jason (playacountryboy) last year and can recommend him. And I can also recomend Klaus and Luis at playascuba whom I dove with this year. Either operator will take good care of you. Also either op can arrange a trip to Coz, but I found that to be a long, exhausting day trip from Playa.

I would avoid the op at the Mayan Palace, I did them once and it was just short, timed dives on the closest reef they had near the resort.

Feel free to PM me!

I can also recommend Jason very highly. Been diving with him twice now and he's one of the reasons I love Playa!

Two Big OKs for Jason at Fantaseadive. My kids and I have dove with him on two trips, multiple dives per trip. Personal, entertaining, and safety conscious. It's like diving with your friend. He'll go to Coz with you too and make sure you get treated by the dive operator over there the same way he treats you on his own boat. I can also vouch for Klaus and Luis from Playascuba for cenote dives. I've done 2 days of cenotes. One day with Klaus and Luis each. Two more great guys with breathtaking diving (sick pun).

Back
Top Bottom