Diving Porteau this Sunday (Feb 13th).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm diving at Porteau this Sunday if anyones lookin (9am). Some others may be joining in too. I drive a silver Caravan so drop by and say hello if you're there.
Dale.

I was out there today with Kerry (Kerry and I are two newbies with the Chwk/Abby dive club) and Rob Gilcash.....visibility was awesome....40 to 50 feet. Lots of ling cod and saw some huge egg nests. Also saw a buffalo sculpin on the barge guarding a nest of purplish eggs....absolutely amazing! Hope Sunday is just as nice. Water was about 45 degrees.

Yep. It was an awesome day yesterday at Porteau. Lots to see and lots of things to play in...albeit I dislodged my tank swimming through the cab of the tug. Note to self - learn my dive dimensions....or dimentia...I digress! Take a camera if you can. Won't be able to join you as I made other dive arrangements for that day. Next time, though!

I'm thinkin I'll bring my campstove to make a bunch of hot chocolate during the SI so feel free to stop by for some. I'll bring cups too! Compliments of the Chilliwack club.

If my sinuses have cleared up I'll be joining Dale from Abbotsford. So we will be either in his vehicle or my silver tundra with canopy. TBA on Saturday.

Thanks for the dives guys. Good vis at Porteau and many egg masses.

Found a knife on one of the wrecks, looks like it hasn't been there long. If anyone knows who lost it & can name the wreck and describe the knife we'll arrange a reunification (wouldn't the Koreas be proud).

Dale

Well, given that there are only the three wrecks there i'll play.

I'll say it was on the granthall, it has a handle, and a blade.

Do I win?

Glad the dives were good... hope I can get out soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom